The Certificate in Entrepreneurship can complement any field of study.
Gain the tools and skills you need to familiarize yourself with tasks such as market assessment, capital formation, business planning, effective communication, staffing, systems design, financial planning and operations management. This certificate focuses on the research, planning, and strategies that are critical to start a new business, take over a family business, or quickly advance in your field. The program is open to all undergraduate students at UM-Dearborn, as well as guest students with or without college degrees.
Current UM-Dearborn undergraduate students:
- Open to anyone with a GPA of at least 2.0.
- Must declare the Entrepreneurship certificate by submitting the declaration of certificate form to their academic unit office.
- Open to anyone interested in learning more about entrepreneurship.
- Guest students should fill out the UM-Dearborn guest application. Then, notify the College of Business by filling out the declaration of certificate form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off in the student services office at 168 Fairlane Center South. (Admission to persons not holding a college degree will be limited to five per academic term.)
Goals of the Certificate
Goal 1: Students will apply a working knowledge of the principles of entrepreneurship to analysis and problem solving. Objectives: Students will be able to:
- 1a Creatively analyze the business environment for opportunities
- 1b Recognize problems and convert them into opportunities
Goal 2: Students will understand how to apply entrepreneurial techniques in an organizational setting. Objectives: Students will be able to:
- 2a Use the entrepreneurial mindset in various business settings
- 2b Apply the concepts of entrepreneurship in their chosen field of work
Goal 3: Students will gain an understanding of the steps that might take in their own entrepreneurial pursuits. Objectives: Students will be able to:
- 3a Identify local resources for starting their own entrepreneurial ventures