Teacher Certification

The College of Education, Health, and Human Services at UM-Dearborn can assist qualified persons who hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution to pursue a program of study leading to a recommendation for a Michigan Provisional Teaching Certificate-Elementary (COE) or Secondary (COS).

Michigan Tests for Teacher Certification (MTTC) are required for both admission and for certification.

Admission to these programs (COE and COS) requires a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale. In addition, a GPA of 2.75 is required in the chosen teaching Major (M) and teaching minor (m) (see Major/Minors for Elementary Certification or Majors/Minors for Secondary Education). Once admitted, the 2.75 must be maintained in all areas.

Applications and additional information are available by calling 313-593-5090.