Social Science Research Methodology
This minor/concentration focuses on social science research methods and statistical analysis. It is open to students from all majors and would benefit students who wish to develop skills directly applicable to specific fields or majors including business, consumer research, economics, education, and information technology.
Minor or Integrative Studies Concentration Requirements
|Requires 15 credits (5 classes) of upper level course work from the following (CARM) (must include courses from three disciplines):||15|
|Introduction to Econometrics|
|Prin of Stat and Exper Design|
|Applied Cognitive Psychology|
|Quantitative Research and Statistics|
|Total Credit Hours||15|
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 is required for the minor/concentration. The GPA is based on all coursework required within the minor (excluding prerequisites).
- A minimum of 9 credits must be completed at UM-Dearborn for a 12 credit minor/concentration.
- A minimum of 12 credits must be completed at UM-Dearborn for a 15 or more credit minor/concentration.
- Courses within a minor/concentration cannot be taken as Pass/Fail (P/F).
- Only 3 credit hours of independent study or internship may be used to fulfill the requirements for a 12 credit hour minor/concentration. Only 6 credit hours of such credit may be used in a 15 or more credit hour minor/concentration.
- Minors requiring 12 credits may share one course with a major. Minors requiring 15 credits or more may share two courses with a major. This does not apply to concentrations for the Integrative Studies major.