The Media Production Certificate offers students a carefully tailored program in digital media practices including video production and audio production in the field and studio, broadcasting, and new media. The certificate provides technical training while building skills in multiple models of storytelling and creative expression, including narrative, documentary, and experimental forms. Courses in the program also link practical and applied work with theoretical concepts in film and media studies.
|JASS 248||Storytelling Across Media||4|
|JASS 350||Introduction to Media Production||4|
|JASS 410||Directing & Editing Capstone||4|
|JASS 312||Media Performance & Studio Production||4|
|or JASS 305||Podcasting|
|or JASS 309||Video for Social Media|
|or JASS 315||Media Production for Metropolitan Community|
|or JASS 345||Audio Production|
|or JASS 405||Storytelling, Experiments, and Play|
|or JASS 406||Documentary & Photojournalism|
|or JASS 467||Script-Writing Workshop|
|Total Credit Hours||16|
1. A minimum 3.0 GPA is required for courses in the certificate.
2. No pass/fail classes allowed in the certificate.
3. Maximum of 8 credits of transfer courses allowed.
4. Maximum of 12 credits may share with the Journalism and Media Production major.
5. Sharing with other minors/concentrations allowed.
6. Maximum of 8 credits may share with other certificates.