The Media Production Certificate offers students a carefully tailored program in digital media practices including video production and audio production in the field and studio, broadcasting, and new media. The certificate provides technical training while building skills in multiple models of storytelling and creative expression, including narrative, documentary, and experimental forms. Courses in the program also link practical and applied work with theoretical concepts in film and media studies.
|JASS 248||Introduction to Screen Studies||3|
|JASS 345||Audio Production||3|
|JASS 350||Digital Film & Television||3|
|JASS 410||Advanced Media Production||3|
|JASS 312||Media Performance||3|
|or JASS 315||Media Productn for Metro Comm|
|or JASS 405||New and Emerging Media|
|or JASS 406||History&Theory of Documentary|
|or JASS 421||Environmental Filmmaking|
|or JASS 467||Script-Writing Workshop|
|Total Credit Hours||15|
1. A minimum 3.0 GPA is required for courses in the certificate.
2. No pass/fail classes allowed in the certificate.
3. Maximum of 6 credits of transfer courses allowed.
4. Maximum of 9 credits may share with the Journalism and Screen Studies major.
5. Sharing with other minors/concentrations allowed.
6. Maximum of 9 credits may share with other certificates.