The goal of the Office of Veteran Affairs is to provide support to a diverse community of student veterans and enhance the experience of veterans as they move through our academic programs. We accomplish this mission by:
- Providing academic assistance and tutoring
- Coordinating access to Counseling and Disabilities Services
- Providing veteran specific enrollment and certification services
- Maintaining a dialog with our Student Veterans of America Chapter and the Association of Women Veterans
- Retaining points of contact in Financial Aid, Cashiers/Student Accounting, and Office of the Registrar.
- Forging partnerships with business, industry, educational institutions, and government agencies.
- Scheduling veteran specific events
The veteran's office space provides a friendly environment for our active-duty military and veterans to study, relax, socialize, converse, or just gain a moment of quiet reflection. Whether you were just discharged from active duty, currently on active duty, in the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse or dependent of a disabled veteran, we will help you with your transition and academic goals. The Office of Veteran Affairs is located in the University Center in room 2170 UC .
Certification of Educational Benefits
The administration of veteran's education benefits programs and enrollment certifications are handled by Veteran Affairs School Certifying Officials. Our goal is to effectively assist veterans, or the dependents of veterans, with the certification process. Students who are eligible for VA educational benefits are able to apply their respective benefits toward their educational endeavors at UM-Dearborn with assistance from the School Certifying Officials.
All students who are eligible for, and elect to receive education and training benefits while attending UM-Dearborn, may address inquiries for information to the:
Office of Veteran Affairs
4901 Evergreen Road
2113 University Center
Dearborn, MI 48128
313-436-9196 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information regarding veteran services, certification, and the policies and procedures for certification of benefits can be found on our Veterans Affairs website. Questions regarding the eligibility of a veteran or dependent can be answered by calling the Buffalo Regional Office at 1-888-GIBILL1 (442-4551) or connecting to the Department of Veteran Affairs website at: benefits.va.gov/gibill.