Secondary Certification Teaching Major - Social Studies
A minimum of 36 semester hours is required.
|ECON 201||Prin: Macroeconomics||3|
|ECON 202||Prin: Microeconomics||3|
|URS 300||Urban and Regional Studies||3|
|GEOG (300-level) Elective||3|
|HIST 101||The World to 1500 CE||3|
|HIST 103||The World Since 1500 CE||3|
|HIST 111||The American Past I||3|
|HIST 112||The American Past II||3|
|HIST 3601||Michigan History||3|
|HIST (300-level) Elective||3|
|POL 101||American Politics||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Problems in Intl Politics|
or POL 471
|American Foreign Policy I|
or POL 472
|American Foreign Policy II|
|Total Credit Hours||36|
- A minimum GPA of 2.75 is required for a major.
- For the major, at least 12 semester hours must be in courses numbered 300 or above.
- 15 semester hours in UM-Dearborn courses required for a major.
- Minimum GPA's are required for program completion: 2.75 cumulative, 2.75 in major, 2.75 in minor, and 2.75 in Professional Studies.
- Advising Policy: The student is responsible for complying with requirements described in the Undergraduate Catalog as well as on the Four Phase Checklist. Students are expected to meet with their College of Education, Health, and Human Services advisor at least once per year and in the term prior to graduation.
- Courses taken on a PASS/FAIL basis will NOT be accepted toward program completion.
- CEHHS recommends successful program completers for State of Michigan Certification, however, it is ultimately up to the State of Michigan to issue certificates. Certain offenses on a criminal record can keep individuals from obtaining teacher certification. Please refer to The Revised School Code, Act 451 of 1976, section 380.1539b.
- Initial certification program students must have passing scores on the appropriate MTTC subject area test reported to the University of Michigan-Dearborn College of Education, Health, and Human Services by electronic delivery or direct mail from Pearson Evaluation Systems prior to student teaching.
- Certified teachers pursuing an endorsement in a post-degree program must complete all program requirements and have passing scores on the appropriate MTTC subject area test reported to the University of Michigan-Dearborn College of Education, Health, and Human Services by electronic delivery or direct mail from Pearson Evaluation Systems prior to a recommendation being made to the State of Michigan Department of Education.