Please refer to Elementary School Certification Program for additional degree requirements.
A minimum of 36 semester hours from the following:
|EXPS 282||History & Civics Elem Schools||3|
|EXPS 283||Geography & Econ Elem Schools||3|
|HIST 101||The World to 1500 CE||3|
|HIST 103||The World Since 1500 CE||3|
|HIST 112||The American Past II||3|
|HIST 3601||Michigan History||3|
|POL 101||Intro to American Government||3|
|POL 371||Problems in Intl Politics||3|
|or POL 471||American Foreign Policy I|
|or POL 472||American Foreign Policy II|
|GEOG 206||World Regional Geography||3|
300 Level GEOG Elective
|ECON 2001||Introductory Economics||3|
|ECON 201||Prin: Macroeconomics||3|
|or ECON 202||Prin: Microeconomics|
|Total Credit Hours||36|
- 12 semester hours required at UM-Dearborn.
- 9 semester hours at 300 level or above required.
- All College of Education, Health, and Human Services undergraduate students are required to take the Composition Placement Test by the end of the first semester they are enrolled in classes.
- Students transferring in COMP 105 or COMP 106, but receiving the prescription of 099 from the Composition Placement Test, must complete COMP 227 before taking EDD courses.
- Minimum GPA's are required for program completion: 2.75 cumulative, 2.75 in major, 2.75 in optional minor(s), and 2.75 in Professional Studies.
- For admission to Phase III of the teacher certification program, passing scores on all three sections of the MTTC Professional Readiness Examination and/or State of Michigan-approved PRE alternative measures (if taken prior to September 23, 2017), or the Scholastic Aptitude Test benchmarks of 480 in Evidence-Based Reading and Writing and 530 in Mathematics are required.
- Advising Policy: The student is responsible for complying with requirements described in the Undergraduate Catalog as well as on the Four Phase Checklist. Students are expected to meet with their College of Education, Health, and Human Services advisor at least once per year and in the term prior to graduation.
- Courses taken on a PASS/FAIL basis will NOT be accepted toward program completion.
- The minimum number of semester hours required to graduate is 128.
- CEHHS recommends successful program completers for State of Michigan Certification, however, it is ultimately up to the State of Michigan to issue certificates. Certain offenses on a criminal record can keep individuals from obtaining teacher certification. Please refer to The Revised School Code, Act 451 of 1976, section 380.1539b.
- Students must meet Dearborn Discovery Core requirements. See http://umdearborn.edu/696973/ for details