Educational Technology (EDET)
The Masters of Arts in Educational Technology program is designed for educators interested in developing expertise in the effective use of various forms of educational technology in teaching and learning. The program can be completed fully online and offers professionals advanced knowledge in a broad range of educational technologies. In addition, students will learn how to integrate technology across the curriculum in face-to-face, hybrid and online settings. Individuals who teach in K-12 schools, colleges and universities, private industry and other instructional settings will find this program useful for increasing their overall effectiveness in the field of educational technology and their ability to utilize proven pedagogical practices.
Admission Requirements & Application
Eligibility for regular admission includes:
- Completed application form
- $60.00 application fee
- Official transcript(s) from each college/university attended
- Completion of a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- 3.0 (B) undergraduate/graduate grade point average or better
- Three professional letters of recommendation using required form
- Statement of purpose
- Valid state of Michigan teaching certificate if seeking the Educational Technology endorsement
Students eligible to pursue the Educational Technology Accelerated 4+1 Option may count up to 15 credits in the graduate program toward their undergraduate Instructional Technology major. At least one additional year of graduate work (at least 15 credits) would be needed to complete the Master's program.
The Master of Arts in Educational Technology (EDET) is a 30 credit hour degree program. A minimum cumulative GPA of B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) must be maintained to continue enrollment in the program. The EDET requires successful completion of the following courses:
|Educational Technology Required Coursework|
|EDT 501||Rsrch, Trnds&Iss in Ed Tchnlgy||3|
|EDT 502||Survey of Educ Tech Tools||3|
|EDT 510||Teaching with Technology||3|
|EDT 514||Application of Instrl Design||3|
|EDT 520||Intro to Teaching/Learn Online||3|
|EDT 522||Educating the Digital Learner||3|
|EDT 531||Lead. & Prof. devel in Ed Tech||3|
|Foundational Masters Classes|
|Select 3 courses:||9|
|Adv Social Fndations of Ed|
|Adult Lrning:Theory & Practice|
|Learning & Classrm Assessment|
|Rdg:Diag/Assessment Tech K-12|
|Intro to Research in Education|
|Total Credit Hours||30|
Contact the Office of Student Success at 313-593-5090 for additional information or consult the College of Education, Health, and Human Services web page at: umdearborn.edu/cehhs/cehhs_ma_ed_tech/
- Fundamental Knowledge: Develop expertise in a variety of different technologies designed for use in instructional settings.
- Technology Integration and Instructional Design: Utilize best practices of instructional design to create a broad range of technology-enhanced learning activities.
- Online Teaching/Learning Practices: Become proficient in the effective design of online instructional activities.
- Professional Growth and Leadership: Engage in ongoing professional growth in the area of educational technology. Assume leadership roles in technology planning, training and development within relevant organizations