Available Financial Assistance

There are three main types of aid available through a single application (the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA): grants, loans, and federal work-study funds. Most financial aid sources require a minimum of at least half-time enrollment (6 or more credit hours per semester) in coursework that counts toward degree requirements.

Undergraduates (pursuing their first bachelor’s degree) are considered for grants, loans, and work-study employment, according to their eligibility and preference. Students pursuing a second bachelor’s degree are limited to loans and work-study employment.

Admission into an eligible program of study (i.e., a degree-granting program) is the primary criterion to receive financial aid funding. 

All Personal Enrichment, English Proficiency, and Non-Candidate for Degree status students are ineligible for financial aid. Most Guest, Prospective Degree status, and Alumni Enrichment students are ineligible for financial aid – however, there are limited exceptions that may apply to specific situations. Students admitted via Guest, Prospective Degree, or Teaching Certificate status should contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships to discuss their specific admission status and financing options.