Transcript Information

A transcript is a student's complete academic record at the University of Michigan-Dearborn. The transcript(s) that were presented for admission have become an integral part of the files of the admitting offices and cannot be released, either directly or for copying purposes. It will be necessary for you to write directly to the institutions concerned to obtain copies of those previous records. In addition, documents such as SAT/ACT scores are not available from the Office of the Registrar. Transcripts will be released only upon the written request of the student. Requests are processed within three to five business days. Under certain circumstances, such as the end of the term or upon graduation, requests may take longer to process. Requests will not be processed if you have any financial obligations outstanding to the University. No fee is required for standard delivery transcripts.

Types of Transcripts:

Official Transcripts are printed on special protective paper or created with a secure PDF format. The transcript is only official if it has the University of Michigan-Dearborn seal and the Registrar's signature. Official transcripts given directly to a student will be stamped Issued to Student and may not be accepted as official.

Unofficial Transcripts do not contain the University of Michigan-Dearborn seal or the Registrar's signature. Students may obtain an unofficial transcript at any time via the Student Information System

Rackham Transcript Information

Students who attended Rackham, Winter 1998 through the present may direct the transcript request to the Dearborn campus as indicated above under "Dearborn Transcript Information."

Students who attended Rackham prior to Winter 1998 or have graduated prior to January 1998 from the Rackham Graduate School must direct the transcript request to:

University of Michigan
Transcript Department
5000 LSA Building
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1382

Fax: 734-764-5556

Requesting Transcripts

The University of Michigan-Dearborn has partnered with the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to provide transcript ordering online. This partnership allows orders 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and tracking via text message or email. The NSC website provides instructions for submitting a request, including selecting delivery options. Through the online system, you can order multiple transcripts in a single session and include attachments.

Processing Time

Electronic transcripts: a secured link to the transcript will be delivered to the intended recipient within one hour

Paper transcripts: processing time is within 5 business days after the University of Michigan-Dearborn receives the order. 

Delivery Options


Electronic transcripts are the preferred method of transcript delivery. A secured link to the transcript will be delivered to the intended recipient within one hour, though it could take 5 business days if the record requires manual processing.


Transcripts will be mailed to the recipient via regular first-class U.S. mail within 5 business days after the University of Michigan-Dearborn receives the order from the NSC.


Transcripts requested as hold for pickup will be available in 5 business days. Photo identification is required for the release of transcripts.

Students who would like a third party to pick up their transcripts must provide written authorization to the Office of the Registrar. Additionally, the third party must present photo identification.

Any transcripts not picked up within two weeks will be destroyed and will have to be re-ordered.

Requesting an Official Transcript with a Student Account Balance Hold

Students with an Accounting Hold (AC), Small Balance Hold (SB), Debit Balance Hold (DB), or Transcript Hold (T) on their student account are prevented from obtaining official transcripts by University policy. However, if the student is seeking an official transcript to obtain the funds needed to repay a past due student account balance, the University will work with the student to deliver the official transcript directly to an employer contact, scholarship provider, or an organization providing a license, certificate, or authorization for employment. Official transcripts in these circumstances cannot be released directly to the student and must be processed manually by University staff. A “license, certificate, or authorization” in this context means the official transcript must be able to be directly exchanged for the required document, not to meet a requirement to engage in additional classes or coursework to pursue the required document.

Students wishing to send an official transcript to a potential employer, a scholarship provider, or a certifying organization must adhere to the following:

  1. The student must confirm with the employer, scholarship provider, or certifying organization that official transcripts are required and unofficial transcripts would be rejected. The student must provide published, printed, or written proof of the official transcript requirement.

  2. The student must provide evidence of the live job posting, scholarship offering, or the requirements to obtain the license, certificate, or authorization document.

  3. The student must obtain and provide the name, business mailing address, and email address of the employer contact, scholarship provider, or the certifying organization contact.

  4. The student must open a case with the University, preferably by emailing the request for an official transcript and attachment evidence to the Student Accounts office. 

Student Accounts office will review the case request and make a decision to override the hold for manual official transcript processing to the irregular contact. Submitting contact information requesting delivery to common easily generated email addresses such as but not limited to,, etc. may be rejected.

Unofficial transcripts can be provided regardless of student account hold status, but must be manually processed by University staff. Students may submit a case to the Registrar's Office at to request an unofficial transcript.