Financial Assistance Available

Financial aid for graduate students consists of the following types of assistance: gift aid (scholarships, fellowships, and other funds from private sources), loans, and federal work-study funds. Graduate students should contact their department for possible stipends or fellowships and will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for financial assistance by the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships (OFAS).

Most financial aid sources require a minimum of at least half-time enrollment (4 or more credit hours per semester) in coursework that counts toward degree requirements.

Admission into an eligible program of study (i.e. a degree-granting program) is the primary criterion to receive financial aid funding. All Personal Enrichment, English Proficiency, and Non-Candidate for Degree status students are ineligible for financial aid. Most Guest, Prospective Degree status, and Alumni Enrichment students are ineligible for financial aid – however, there are limited exceptions that may apply to specific situations. Students admitted via Guest, Prospective Degree, or Teaching Certificate status should contact the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships to discuss their specific admission status and financing options.