Senior Residency for a Degree

In order to qualify for an undergraduate degree at the University of Michigan-Dearborn, a student can take no more than the equivalent of two courses of the students’ last 36 credits for a degree at another higher education institution. 

Students may study abroad for one semester during their last 36 credits; all courses taken as part of the study abroad experience may be transferred. In this case, the last 36 credits taken excluding the study abroad period will be considered and no more than two courses of these 36 non-study-abroad credits may be transferred to the University of Michigan – Dearborn.

Transfer policies, such as the Maximum Transferable Credit policy, the Transfer Credit Review policy, and any residency requirements for majors, concentrations, minors, and/or certificates, must be observed for all transfer credit, including study abroad.