Ombuds Services provides students of the campus community with individual, informal assistance in resolving concerns and addressing issues regarding students’ rights and responsibilities. Ombuds Services is an impartial resource for obtaining:
- Information about university policies;
- Guidance in following university procedures;
- Assistance in resolving concerns and critical situations;
- Help in cutting red tape and in obtaining appropriate and timely answers and information;
- Opportunities to discuss or question university actions;
- Active support for UM-D’s commitment to ensure that students are treated with fundamental fairness and personal dignity.
Ombuds Services is located in 2106 University Center, telephone 313-593-5440, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.